pjb-logo-black-clear

House Makeover

Unusually for us this project was undertaken in Leicester, it came as a direct result ofworking for the Westcott family prior to them moving out of the City two years ago.

 

After buying a new house the Westcott’s were very keen to have some work undertaken whilst the family took a well earned two week holiday.

 

That’s where we came in, they knew our staff and work ethic but most of all they trusted us with their homes security whilst they were out of the UK.

 

In essence we had to remove and replace seven doors and frames, the balustrading, take down and relocate a dividing wall in the master......

front-room-mix-1 front-room-mix-2 hall-mix-1 bedroom-1-mix bedroom-2-mix door-mix

...bedroom, re-plaster two rooms and part of the hallway and paint the entire house through.

 

Because of our availability we only had ten of the fourteen days to complete the works, no simple task but we set up an action plan and put together a skilled team of men to undertake the works.

 

We started by removing the doors and door frames, then taking down the dividing wall and a block built cupboard, rebuilding a new stud wall to give more room in the master bedroom, we moved and installed some new electrical sockets and Carlite Bonded and skimming the two Atexed ceilings, removed the radiators and fully re-plastered the two bedrooms and part of the hallway.

andrew-sue-0315 andrew-sue-0333

All seven softwood door frames were constructed, installed and re-plastered and seven heavy duty hardwood oak doors were hung.

 

Alongside this we hand built and stained a new balustrading going up the open tread stairs and across the short landing.

 

Five very long days in and the infrastructure had been completed, but after all we still had to re-decorate three bedrooms, bathroom,landing, stairs, hallway, porch and the open spaced living room. Our staff members dug deep and over the next five (very Long) days we rubbed down, filled and prepared all the walls, ceilings and original skirting boards.

We began priming, undercoating and glossing all the woodwork and painting three coats in the newly plastered bedrooms and two coats everywhere else.

 

It was hard but satisfying work that finished on time, in budget and to a very high standard.

 

Needless to say the Westcott family are thrilled with the results, as are we, and I must say that I am looking forward to seeing the images of the new carpets and furniture once fitted.